California League of Conservation Voters Volunteer Opportunity
The California League of Conservation Voters is the political arm of California’s environmental community. CLCV is an exciting, fast-paced organization that supports environmental candidates for public office, advocates for environmental legislation and increases public awareness of the environmental performance of those public officials.
Title: CLCV Volunteer
Reports to: Development Manager
Office Location: Los Angeles (Mid-Wilshire)
Hours/Days per Week: Flexible/At least one day per week
The CLCV Volunteer will be responsible for various administrative tasks in the Los Angeles office, primarily in the areas of the development and political departments. There will be a heavy emphasis on assistance with CLCV’s Annual Gala on 12/6/12. Duties include, but are not limited to: assistance with event logistics and décor; drafting correspondence and grant materials for the 501c3 and 501c4; general assistance with social media and website updates for the 501c3; political and donor research, filing and other general administrative office functions.
• File and perform other general office work;
• Assist with Development and Communications departmental work;
• Event assistance;
• Provide backup for answering phones; and
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 2 years’ administrative experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting;
• Accurate data entry skills;
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal;
• Ability to follow through on projects;
• Must be able to work as a team and independently; and
• Friendly and flexible with a good sense of humor.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. For more information about the California League of Conservation Voters please visit www.ecovote.org.
Published: Tuesday, October 30, 2012