Reset 2012 - Renewable & Sustainable Energy Technology Workshop
A cross-disciplinary IGERT workshop proudly hosted by the UCLA Clean Green IGERT (CGI).
Thursday, April 12, 2012
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
California NanoSystems Institute, UCLA
The fellows of the Clean Energy for Green Industry IGERT (Clean Green IGERT) at the University of California, Los Angeles invite you to join them for the Renewable & Sustainable Energy Technology Workshop (ReSET), focusing on the effort to ReSET our economy from conventional to renewable technology. The workshop will take place on April 12-13, 2012.
Registration is free, but the last day to register is Tuesday April 10!
Visit http://cleanenergy.ucla.edu/reset to register!
Thursday April 12 Opening Remarks 4:30 - 6:00:
- Dr. Jeffrey D. Sachs, Director of The Earth Institute (Interactive Video Feed)
- Mark Goodstein, Executive Director, Cleantech L.A.
- Carol F. Stoel, Integrative Graduate Education Research Traineeship (IGERT), National Science Foundation
- Reception and artwork: "Radical Metropolis II" by Eloisa Guanlao
Friday April 13 Closing Remarks 3:45 - 5:00:
- Romel Pascual, City of Los Angeles Deputy Mayor for the Environment
- Jonathan Parfrey, Executive Director, Climate Resolve
- Fred Walti, Executive Director, Los Angeles Clean-tech Incubator
Friday April 13 Panel Discussions 8:30 - 3:30:
Overcoming Policy, Economic, and Business Barriers
- Moderator - Dr. Magali Delmas, Professor, UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability
- Dr. Ramteen Sioshansi, Assistant Professor, Integrated Systems Engineering, Ohio State University.
- Mary Leslie, Los Angeles Business Council
- Dr. Deepak Rajagopal, Assistant Professor, UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability
- Marvin Moon, Director of Power System Engineering Division, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power.
Technological Innovations for a Sustainable Future
- Moderator - Dr. Laurent Pilon, Professor UCLA Mechanical Engineering
- Dr. Linda Sapochak, Program Director, Division of Materials Research, National Science Foundation.
- Dr. James Liao, Professor, UCLA Chemical Engineering
- Dr. Lynden A. Archer, Professor, Cornell University Chemical Engineering. KAUST-Cornell Center for Energy and Sustainability.
- Russ Jones, Director of Concentrator Photovoltaics Business Development, Spectrolab
Electric Vehicle Adoption and Technology
- Moderator - Dr. Shahin Farshchi, Principal, Lux Capital Management
- Dr. J. R. DeShazo, Associate Professor, Public Policy and Urban Planning, University of California Los Angeles.
- Dr. Rajit Gadh, Professor, UCLA Mechanical Engineering
- Kellen Shefter, Public Policy and Incentives, Fisker Automotive.
- Michael Boehm, Sustainovation Group, Haig Barrett Inc
Schedule is subject to change.
To view the flyer click here.
Sponsored by: Clean Green IGERT, National Science Foundation, UCLA, and the California NanoSystems Institute.