Names and Affiliations
Dr. Thomas Smith – Founder and Director of the UCLA Center for Tropical Research, Acting Director, UCLA Institute of the Environment, Professor in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary biology, and an expert in avian ecology and evolution.
- Dr. Robin Bush – Associate Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of California, Irvine, and an expert in the molecular phylogenetics and population genetics of the influenza virus.
- Dr. David DeSante – The founder and executive director of the Institute for Bird Populations (IBP).
- Dr. Scott Layne – Professor in the Department of Epidemiology at the UCLA School of Public Health.
- Dr. Linda Long – Research Wildlife Biologist at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service Redwood Sciences Laboratory and the coordinator for the Landbird Monitoring Network of the Americas (LaMNA).
- Dr. Phil Nott – Landscape ecologist at IBP and an expert in avian survivability and demographic analysis.
- Dr. C. John Ralph – Research Wildlife Biologist at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service Redwood Sciences Laboratory, Co-chair for the Partners in Flight Monitoring and Inventory Working Group, and Faculty Associate in the Biology Department at Humboldt State University.
- Dr. Anne Rimoin – Assistant Professor in the Department of Epidemiology at the UCLA School of Public Health and an expert in human epidemiology.
- Dr. Sassan Saatchi – Senior Research Fellow at the UCLA Center for Tropical Research, Researcher at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology and an expert in remote sensing and associated predictive modeling.
- Dr. James Saracco – Director of IBP’s winter banding programs, Monitoring Avian Winter Survival (MAWS) and Monitoreo de Sobrevivencia Invernal (MoSI).