Senior Research FellowDepartment of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology & Center for Tropical Research
phone: (310) 267-4460
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
621 Charles E. Young Drive South, Box 951606
Center for Tropical Research
La Kretz Hall, Suite 300
(310) 206-4712 phone
- Ph.D. Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. UCLA. Spring 2011
- B.A. Biology. Reed College. Portland, OR. Spring 1998
Honors, Grants, and Fellowships
- Lida Scott Brown Fellowship, Research Grant, and Conference Travel Award, UCLA, 2007.
- Lida Scott Brown Fellowship and Research Grant, UCLA. 2006.
- Alexander Wetmore Award, American Ornithologists’ Union. Summer 2005
- Explorer’s Club Research Grant, Explorer’s Club. Summer 2005
- Southern California Golf Classic Scholar, Hispanic Scholarship Fund. Spring 2005.
- Ralph W. Schreiber Ornithology Research Grant, LA Audubon. Summer 2004.
- Graduate Research Fellowship, National Science Foundation. Awarded: Spring 2004.
- Southern California Golf Classic Scholar, Hispanic Scholarship Fund. Spring 2004.
- Latin American Center Research Grant, UCLA. Summer 2003.
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship, Ford Foundation. Awarded: Spring 2003.
- Chancellor’s Fellowship, UCLA. Awarded: Spring 2003.
- Eugene Cota-Robles Graduate Fellowship, UCLA. Fall 2002.
- Commendation for Academic Excellence, Reed College. 1997-1998.
- Research Fellowship, Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Summer 1998.
- Research Experience for Undergraduates Fellowship, National Science Foundation. Summer 1997.
Karubian, J. and A. Alvarado. 2001. Testing the function of petal-carrying in the Red-backed Fairy-wren, Malurus meelanocephalus. EMU 103: 87-92.
Alvarado, A. 1998. The effects of environmental variation and maternal investment on amphibian growth and development. Reed College, Portland, OR. Biology Department Senior Thesis.
Alvarado, A. 1997. Reproductive resource allocation in Delphinium nelsonii. Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory, Gothic, CO.