Francis Alemanji Forzi
International Research Associate
Phone: 237 7795 63 38
237 7794 57 78
P. O. Box 10102
- Agricultural and Forest Entomology
- Effects of Soil Macrofauna on Soil Fertility
- Pests Management
- Avian Diseases
Current Research Projects
The current research projects with which I am involved through the Center for Tropical Research include:
- Sampling domestic and wild birds for the Avian flu virus and other bird diseases and pigs for the Swine flu virus in Cameroon.
- Sampling domestic and wild bird communities across a range of agricultural and natural habitats in the Far North Province of Cameroon during critical winter season when long distance palearctic migratory birds are present to determine Avian influenza prevalence
- Looking at the relationship between bird species, vegetation type and habitat in cocoa plantations in Southern Cameroon.
- Collecting blood, cloacal and tracheal samples and morphometric data from both wild and domestic birds for DNA and RNA analysis and screening.
- Radio-tagging Hornbills in the Kompia Community Forest in the periphery of the Dja Biosphere Reserve to monitor their migratory patterns in the Congo BasinRain Forest.
- Surveillance of the Swine Influenza Virus, H1NI and other swine
diseases in Cameroon.