Energy Conservation and Efficiency
UCLA Engage website
- Asensio, O. I. and Delmas, M. 2015. NonPrice Incentives and Energy Conservation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. January. 2-6.
- Chen V., Delmas, M., Kaiser, W., and Locke, S. 2015. What Can We Learn from High Frequency Appliance Level Energy Metering? Results from a Field Experiment. Energy Policy. 77: 164-175.
- Delmas, M. and Pekovic, S. 2015. Resource Efficiency Strategies and Market Conditions. Long Range Planning.
- Delmas, M. & Lessem, N. 2014. Saving Power to Conserve your Reputation? The Effectiveness of Private versus Public Information. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 67: 353-370.
- Blass, V. Corbett, C., Delmas, M. & Muthulingam, S. 2014. Top management and the adoption of energy efficiency practices: Evidence from small and medium-sized manufacturing firms in the US. Energy. 65: 560-571.
- Chen, V., Delmas, M., & Kaiser W.J. 2013. Real-Time, Appliance-Level Electricity Use Feedback System: How to Engage Users? Energy and Buildings. See UCLA Today article
- Delmas, M., Fischlein, M & Asensio, O. 2013. Information Strategies and Energy Conservation Behavior: A Meta-Analysis of Experimental Studies from 1975 to 2012. Energy Policy See database here
- Delmas, M. & Lim, Jinghui & Nairn-Birch, N. 2015. Corporate Environmental Performance and Lobbying.
- Delmas, M. & Lessem, N. 2015. Eco-Premium or Eco-Penalty? Eco-labels and quality in the organic wine market. Business & Society.
- Delmas, M., Gergaud, O. 2014. Sustainable Certification for Future Generations: the Case of Family Business. Family Business Review. 27(3): 206-227. Online
- Delmas, M. & Grant, L. 2014. Eco-labeling Strategies and Price-Premium: The Wine Industry Puzzle. Business & Society. 53(1): 6–44.
- Delmas, M., Nairn-Birch, N. & Balzarova, M. 2013. Choosing the Right Eco-Label for Your Product. Sloan Management Review.
- Delmas, M. & Burbano, V. C. 2011. The Drivers of Greenwashing. California Management Review. 54(1): 64-87.
- Delmas, M., Montes-Sancho, M. & Shimshack, J. 2010. Information Disclosure Policy: Evidence from the electric utility industry, Economic Inquiry. 48(2): 483–498.
Environmental and Corporate Performance Socially Responsible Investing
- Delmas, M., Etzion, D., & Nairn-Birch, N. 2013. Triangulating Environmental Performance: What do Corporate Social Responsibility Ratings Really Capture? Academy of Management Perspectives. 27(3): 255-267.
- Delmas, M. & Pekovic, S. 2013. Environmental Standards and Labor Productivity: Understanding the mechanisms that sustain sustainability. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 34(2): 230-252.
- Chen, C-M. & Delmas, M. 2012. Measuring Eco-inefficiency: A New Frontier Approach. Operations Research. 60(5): 1064-1079.
- Chen, C-M. & Delmas, M. 2011. Measuring Corporate Social Responsibility: An Efficiency Perspective. Production and Operations Management. 20(6): 789-804.
- Delmas, M, Hoffman V. & Kuss, M. 2011. Under the Tip of the Iceberg: Absorptive Capacity, Environmental Strategy and Competitive Advantage. Business & Society. 50(1): 116-154.
- Delmas, M. & Doctori-Blass, V. 2010. Measuring Corporate Environmental Performance: The trade-offs of Sustainability Ratings. Business Strategy & the Environment. 19: 245-260.
- Delmas, M. and Nairn-Birch, N. 2010. Is the Tail Wagging the Dog: An Empirical Analysis of Corporate Carbon Footprint and Financial Performance.
- Delmas, M & Toffel, M. 2008. Organizational Responses to Environmental Demands: Opening the Black Box, Strategic Management Journal. 29(10): 1027-1055.