National Geographic Young Explorers Grants Workshop
Learn how you can participate.
Saturday, October 26, 2013
9:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Click here to view the workshop flyer.
National Geographic explorers, staff and grant committee members will be on the UCLA campus for a Young Explorers Grants workshop. The workshop will introduce National Geographic Young Explorer grantees — as well as National Geographic explorers, conservationists and researchers — to students interested in pursuing grants from National Geographic to support their research or project. The workshop is free for students and includes breakfast and lunch. Details and registration information: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/yeg-workshop.
Welcome Reception: Check-in and light breakfast
Morning Session: Introduction to National Geographic and its role in supporting exploration, research, and conservation. Outstanding young explorer grantees will present their projects and their future plans in the field. The morning panel will offer advice on the elements of a good grant application and why many applications miss the mark.
Lunch: With students, National Geographic grantees, and staff
Afternoon Idea Pitch Session: Time to share ideas for field projects in breakout groups with National Geographic grantees and staff
Evening Lecture Presentation: Join National Geographic explorers and photographers for a memorable evening presentation.
- Dr. John Francis, Vice President, Research, Conservation, and Exploration, National Geographic Society
- Rebecca Martin, Director, Expeditions Council, National Geographic Society
- National Geographic Grant Program Officers
- National Geographic Grant Committee Members
- National Geographic Young Explorer Grantees
- National Geographic Society Research, Conservation, and Exploration Grantees