Renewable Energy Beyond 2020: Next Steps for California
A lunchtime discussion on options to expand renewable energy deployment past California's 2020 goals.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
12:15 PM - 1:45 PM
UCLA School of Law, Room 1447
RSVP by Friday, November 15th
California is on pace to meet the goal of securing 33 percent of the state's electricity from renewable sources like solar and wind by 2020. As we approach this milestone, questions have emerged regarding the future of renewable energy in the state.
• What energy goals should policy makers begin considering now to help sustain the momentum?
• How can policy makers ensure that continued renewable deployment helps the state achieve its overarching greenhouse gas reduction goals?
This event will discuss these issues and offer ideas to address the challenges. UCLA and UC Berkeley Schools of Law will also release a joint report at the event on this topic, entitled "Renewable Energy Beyond 2020."
• Ken Button, President, Verengo Solar / Board of Advisors, UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability
• Nicolas Chaset, Special Advisor for Distributed Energy Resources, Office of Governor Edmund G Brown, Jr.
• Jonathan Parfrey, Executive Director, Climate Resolve
Lunch will be served