LARC is an inclusive, membership-driven organization. Here you will find details on joining or sponsoring LARC.
Organizations representing regional interests may apply for membership in LARC. Members include cities, counties, agencies, non-profits, academic institutions, etc. Entities and individuals may participate in all public activities of LARC and may attend Steering Committee meetings at the invitation of LARC. By joining LARC, your organization will be entering the network that is coordinating regional efforts. LARC is built to facilitate local and regional efforts, enrich our ability to act, and to catalyze new strategies.
Full Members of LARC have had the LARC Charter approved and signed by their governing board. The Charter is the document that all Members must approve and sign to become members of LARC. It describes the basic purpose and collaborative intent of all Collaborative members. Signing the charter demonstrates your commitment to regional action. The rules of internal operation governing the Collaborative shall be described in the LARC by-laws (see below) and will regulate the enforcement of the Governance Policy, parliamentary procedure, and additional policy details.
Membership in LARC brings these benefits:
- Help lead the development of a regional vision for sustainability
- Access to information, expertise, and key intelligence in sustainability and climate
- Access to shared pooled resources, expertise, best-practices, and capacity
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with diverse regional stakeholders
- Access to regional leaders in government, business, academia, and non-profits
- Coordinated regional planning that supports regulatory and aspirational goals
- Coordinated outreach that leverages combined size of organizations
- Access to collaborators for grant proposals
- Support in the planning, writing, submission, and implementation of grants
- Region-wide exposure for sustainability programs and climate action leadership
- Facilitated interactions with university and private sector experts
- Invitations to university programs and events
- Participate in the development of regional best practices, model ordinances, etc.
- Leadership in the production of the Regional Climate Action Plan
- Opportunity to convene and lead topical committees and programs
- Organization/company logo displayed on LARC website and link to homepage
- Highlights and promotion of news and events on the LARC website
- Advance copies of publications
LARC welcomes participation by regional interests who are not yet Full Members. There are several other ways to be involved, including as an Observer or Provisional Member, or as a Sponsor of LARC. These participants enjoy similar benefits but have not signed the LARC Charter. To learn more about why you should consider joining LARC, please download our Membership Presentation.
For more information on becoming a member, please contact the Managing Director.
See the table below to find the membership option that best fits your organizations:
|Member 1||Member 2||Member 3||Member 4||Sponsor|
|Eligible for Steering Committee||X||X||X||X|
|Opportunity to Host a Quarterly Meeting||X||X||X||X||X|
|Eligible for Executive Committee||X||X||X||X|
|Eligible for Technical Advisory Committee||X||X||X||X||X|
|Eligible for Other Committees||X||X||X||X||X|
|Exhibit Space at LARC Events||X||X||X||X||X|
|Sponsorship Opportunities at LARC Events||X||X||X||X||X|
|Preferred Participation in LARC Events||X||VIP Invitations||VIP Invitations||X|
|Annual Forum Registrations||1||2||4||5||Varies|
|Annual Forum Exhibit Space||10 x 10||10 x 10||10 x 20||Varies|
|Advertisement in Annual Forum||Quarter-Page||Half-Page||Full-Page||Varies|
|Additional Annual Forum Benefits||Speakers, Signage||Varies|
Membership rates depend on the size of the city or agency. Benefits are meant to offer equal opportunity in LARC while recognizing the additional support for LARC operations provided by larger or more capable entities. Sponsors differ in not having signed the LARC Charter; benefits are similar to Membership rates and depend on the size of the contribution.
Download File: LARC_Membership_PPT-rb-qq3.pdf
Published: Friday, November 04, 2011