Institute of the Environment and Sustainability
La Kretz Hall, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA
To view Dr. Rajagopal's CV click here.
Energy Economics and Policy, Environmental Economics and Policy, Lifecycle assessment, Economic and Environmental Impact of Bioenergy Systems, Industrial Ecology, Ecological Economics
- Ph.D., Energy and Resources, University of California, Berkeley
- M.S., Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California, Berkeley
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park
- B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
Environment 159: Life Cycle Analysis Class Projects
Environment 159: Life Cycle Analysis and Tools for Sustainability Assessment
To view the syllabus click here.
Environment 157: Energy, Environment and Development
To view the course syllabus click here.
Environment 180: Senior Practicum
- D. Rajagopal: A synthesis of unilateral approaches to mitigating emissions leakage under incomplete policies. Climate Policy doi:10.1080/14693062.2016.1150249
- D. Rajagopal. A step towards a general mathematical framework for Consequential Life Cycle Assessment. Journal of Industrial Ecology In press.
- M. Accordino and D. Rajagopal (2015): When a National Cap-and-Trade Policy with a Carve-out Provision May Be Preferable to a National CO$_2$ Tax, The Energy Journal, Vol.36, No.3 189--207.
- D. Rajagopal (2015): On approaches to mitigate emissions leakage under biofuel policies. Global Change Biology Bioenergy, Volume 8, Issue 2, March 2016, Pages: 471-480
- D. Rajagopal, R. Plevin, G. Hochman, and D. Zilberman (2015): Multi-criteria comparison of alternative fuel policies: Renewable fuel standards, clean fuel standards and fuel GHG tax. Energy Economics,Vol.49, 359--369
- S. Z. Attari and D. Rajagopal (2015): Enabling energy conservation through effective decision aids. Journal of Sustainability Education. Volume 8.
- G. Hochman, D. Rajagopal, G. Timilsina and D. Zilberman (2014). Quantifying the causes of the global food commodity price crisis. Biomass and Bioenergy 68, 106-114
- D. Rajagopal (2014): Consequential life cycle assessment of policy vulnerability to price effects. Journal of Industrial Ecology 18 (2), 164-175